This is the twelfth in our series of key takeaways from some of the presentations and panel discussions offered at the Social Commerce Summit in May 2008.
John Lazarchic, VP of eCommerce at PETCO (a Social Commerce Achievement Award winner), has always been a pioneer in making the most of user-generated content. As one of Bazaarvoice’s first clients, PETCO has continued to innovate with new ways of amplifying their customer voice.
John recommends incorporating customer feedback and opinions into every facet of the business, from the website and email campaigns to in-store signage and printed weekly circulars.
Below is a list of PETCO’s newest UGC initiatives:
- Brand Shops – these mini-sites on PETCO.com feature brand-specific customer reviews to build loyalty and engagement (see the KONG shop).
- Top Rated Banner Ads – the inclusion of UGC on these ads resulted in 10% better performance
- Fully-integrated customer review contest – using Bazaarvoice’s ReStyle technology, PETCO was able to launch a multichannel Valentine’s Day campaign that spurred participation and engaged customers at every touch point in the PETCO experience
- The Answer Den – using our Ask & Answer product, PETCO developed a Q&A section on their site that resulted in 100% more orders per session
- Top Contributor Loyalty Program – giving incentives and rewards for your most active community members
- Mobile Reviews in the future – give customers access to PETCO.com review content in the store or on the road
And of course, watch this space to learn about PETCO’s latest innovations!