So what does that mean to you, as a marketer?
- It means that hundreds of millions of people worldwide have made better purchase decisions (including you).
- It means that hundreds of retailers and manufacturers are getting “Customer Oxygen” into their company, transforming the way they do business.
- It is evidence that markets truly are conversations (See chapter 4 of Cluetrain Manifesto and the meaning of “Bazaarvoice”).
- It means that this is just the beginning. The customer content “flywheel” is now turning at full speed and we will continue to innovate with our clients to keep up.
- It means that if you haven’t started yet, you have less to fear from facilitating customer conversations than ever.
- It means there is an ecosystem of relevant product and service conversations across the web, which can amplify the voice of your customer.
- It means that you will see more search results come from product-related customer content.
- It’s evidence that customers are more likely to read this type of content than other ‘community’ content that is not relevant to shopping.
- It means that social commerce is a scalable marketing strategy, proven by over 750 brands.
- It means that you now have a reason to champion the voice of your customer to senior executives.
This is an inflection point, and just one data point that pales in comparison to the transformation occurring inside our clients’ businesses. Which, in the end, is making products and services better. Which makes me proud to bring the customer voice to market!